INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOME CARE FOLLOWING SURGICAL ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
1. Swelling, minor pain, and/or skin discoloration may be experienced. This will be temporary.
2. In order to keep possible swelling to a minimum, the use of an ice pack on the face over the operated area is recommended. The ice pack should be used; on for 15 minutes, off for 15 minutes, etc. This is done during normal waking hours for 2-4 hours following surgery.
3. Do not raise lip with your fingers to inspect the treated area. The operated area should be treated with special care.
4. Eat only soft foods until next visit. Avoid hard or chewy foods such as potato chips, steak, toast, and peanut brittle.
5. Do not brush teeth near the operated area. Brush teeth in rest of mouth.
6. Starting tomorrow use warm salt water soaks (½ teaspoon salt to 8 oz. glass warm water) on the treated area under the lip or cheek, following each meal and before bedtime. Soak for approximately 5 minutes total time.
7. Get plenty of rest and insure normal Intake of food, especially liquids such as fruit juices, soups and milk.
8. Take.medications according to instructions.
9. Should any difficulties or questions arise, do not hesitate to call this office at any time, day, night, or weekend.